Wednesday, July 9, 2008

back from Vacation!!

So, I said in May that I would be back to update after the weekend and I never did so. I was a bit busy getting ready for the end of the school year, quitting my job (!), planning a trip for my daughter to Mayo Clinic and then planning our summer vacation...all of that happened in about 6 weeks' time. I did do a little scrapping, but it wasn't that much and when I did it, I certainly didn't take time to note everything I used because the time was so treasured and so rare that I didn't want to take the time for such details LOL! However...8 weeks later, the kids are out of school, I quit working, Mayo Clinic went very well and our vacation through TX was awesome. I got over 1200 photos from that trip between my camera, DD's camera and our waterproof cameras. Granted, those waterproof cameras are not great, so some of the photos didn't come out too well, but hey...1200 photos is plenty to sift through, right? I'm in the process of choosing what to print, uploading and ordering. I did get some ordered the other day so I can do a couple of 'in review' layouts while I wait on the others to be printed, but I haven't taken the time to scrap them yet. Well, that's not completely acurate. I sat down to scrap the other night and couldn't do it. I tried...I tried SO HARD...but it wasn't coming together at all. So, I left it and haven't made it back over there yet. Hopefully tomorrow I can get something done.

So, I have no good reason not to take the time to log what I'm using. I spent way too much on vacation when I found 2 scrap stores, so I have plenty of new supplies.

On a side note, I love my man...not only is he extremely understanding and patient with my obsession...I mean, HOBBY...but he helps me shop. Granted, not everything he likes agrees with me, but what I don't use, he and the kids will. Yes, he occasionally scraps with me. What a man, huh? He even sent me away at the first LSS, so that I wouldn't see how much we were spending, because he knows that if I know how much it is, I will put some of it back...and believe me, I would have this time too. It was insane how much that store made off of us!

Anyway, hopefully I will have something more to tell soon. with that many photos, I really need to get moving if I'm ever going to make a vacation album (of course, I probably won't scrap them all, but you know what I mean)

No comments:

I always say I'm going to USE what I have, but inevitably, I find more to buy even if I haven't scrapped in weeks. I am addicted! So, here is where I'm going to try to update with what I use and what I buy...so that I can try to make some sense of it and actually use things I buy.